An Overview of Cosmetic Dentistry
A rapidly emerging field of dentistry is referred to as cosmetic dentistry. In cosmetic dentistry, the emphasis is on improving the patient's smile through changing the appearance of the teeth and mouth. Many people view cosmetic dental practices as being elective treatments as opposed to necessary dental treatments but having a beautiful, engaging smile and feeling secure in one's appearance can make people feel better about themselves and lead to a fuller, happier life. For an experienced Murrieta cosmetic dentist, turn to the dental services of Dr. Long Phan.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Works
Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to improve your smile, whether you've missing or damaged teeth, gaps between your teeth, or your teeth have been discolored or stained. Your cosmetic dentist in Murrieta will offer all of their services in their comfortable dental office; you don't need to worry about being referred to additional specialists. This means Dr. Long Phan will be overseeing and performing your cosmetic dental procedures, in a manner that is convenient to your schedule.
With state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry procedures, Murrieta cosmetic dentist Dr. Long Phan will work to save as much of your existing tooth structure as possible. This saves you money, preserves your teeth, and eliminates the need for more invasive dental procedures.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
There are currently many cosmetic dentistry procedures available. Among these are:
- Composite Bonding - Chipped, discolored or gapped teeth
can be embarrassing and can affect your self-esteem and confidence. Many people
with these issues avoid smiling. Bonding, a dental technique that has been
successfully performed by Dr. Long Phan for years, is the perfect solution in
these situations. As it is inexpensive and conservative, bonding uses a
tooth-colored composite material to restore teeth and enhance smiles. Recent
modern advances have increased the strength, durability and longevity of these
restorations. These bonding materials can be molded and shaped to attain
outstanding results, including: teeth lightening, closing spaces between teeth,
repairing chips and cracks and making teeth appear straighter. When polished,
bonding gives the appearance and function of natural tooth structure.
- Dental Veneers - Of all the methods available today, for changing and improving the look of your smile, porcelain veneers are among the most popular and successful with our patients. The process involves removing or reshaping a small amount of tooth structure to make room for the veneers. The dental lab then fabricates the veneers from molds of the prepared teeth. After placement, the veneers look and feel like natural teeth.
- Inlays or Onlays - inlays are also called indirect fillings; they are a long-lasting type of filling that is added to teeth with tooth decay or other structural damage.
- Teeth Whitening - the most commonly recommended and practiced cosmetic dental procedure, tooth whitening removes stains on teeth; the cosmetic procedure can be performed at home or in your cosmetic dentists office.
- Gum Re-contouring - Healthy and even gumlines are essential to any beautiful smile. Attractive gums complement and frame your teeth, making your smile look healthier and more attractive. If your gums are red and swollen or if your teeth look too small or toot short because of the disproportionate size relationship between your teeth and gums, then gum contouring may be the solution for you. Gum re-contouring can give you the consistent and even gumline you need for a healthy and attractive smile.
- Full Mouth Makeover - Full Mouth Makeover is necessary when a mouth completely shuts down and the prevention of further deterioration is necessary. This treatment can regain your oral well-being and help you to maintain your natural teeth for life! Various Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry treatments will be utilized in accordance with one another during your Full Mouth Makeover. Treatment plans are specifically formulated according to your individual oral situation and, therefore, procedures employed during your Full Mouth Makeover will vary depending on the patient. Dr. Long Phan will discuss all aspects of your prospective treatment with you prior to the start of the procedure.
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist in Murrieta
You may have many choices when you're seeking out a cosmetic dentist in Murrieta. You shouldn't make the decision lightly: these are your teeth and your smile and you need only the best cosmetic dental treatment. Search for a cosmetic dentist with years of experience, who believes in continuing education in their field, and who is able to provide referrals from previous patients who have undergone cosmetic dental procedures.
After doing your research, you're going to select Dr. Long Phan, an experienced, talented Murrieta cosmetic dentist. For more information on your cosmetic dental options and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Long Phan, please call our office, today. We're looking forward to working with you to improve your smile.