Did You Know?
- Say cheese! The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese is healthy for your teeth - it reduces the pH level in plaque and re-mineralizes the enamel.
- Coffee, wine and cigarettes stain teeth. Teeth whitening treatments can make your smile bright again!
- 60% of people who don't know that a sore jaw, when combined with chest pain, can signal a heart attack-especially in women.
- A person's set of teeth is unique much like their fingerprints. Even identical twins do not have exactly the same set of teeth. Did you know that your tongue print is also unique?
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! Kids laugh around 400 times a day. Adults... just 15.
- According to Academy of General Dentistry, the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day, the recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
- If you're right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you're left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- 50% consider the smile the first facial feature they notice. 80% are not happy with their smile.
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair and eyes.
- 33% of Americans have untreated tooth decay.
- People who drink 3 or more sugary sodas daily have 62% more dental decay.
- 78% of Americans have had at least 1 cavity by age 17.
- 32% of Americans cite bad breath as the least attractive trait of their co-worker.
- Research says that people with periodontal disease (Gum disease) are at higher risk for developing heart disease, stroke, uncontrolled diabetes, pre-term births and respiratory disease.
- Periodontal bacteria can enter the blood stream and travel to major organs and begin new infections.
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease as those without disease.
- According to the recent American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Survey, 92% of Americans believe that an attractive smile is an important social asset.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
*Note: all facts have been gathered from different internet sources